Thursday, May 30, 2013

Elective C-sections, why???

I was having a conversation with my sister the other day and somehow we ended up talking about c-sections.  In case you don't already know i have a 4 month old son called Ethan who came into the world via emergency c-section. I am curious to find out why women opt to have c-sections rather than natural births?

Let me put out a disclaimer; i am in no way judging mothers who choose to have their babies this way, i am just curious as to why? let me explain my curiousity. I had an emergency c-sections because my baby was in distress and i am thankful for it because my beautiful boy was safe and sound. However i can't say that i loved it;  the recovery after the drugs wore out was so excruciatingly painful. 

I remember being so scared of farting, i thought if i did my scar will open and pooing felt like i was giving birth to another baby. Experiencing how painful recovery was, if i have the choice to decide between natural birth and c-section; i would go for the former. With this in mind, i want to understand why women elect to have c-sections.


No comments:

Post a Comment